You should wrap up your portfolio with the following posts (please type in a final draft of your work - no scans or photos):
1. This I Believe final Draft
2. Mix Tape Post
3. Invisible Man response
4. Your responses to Mark Richard’s story “Strays”
- List the characters and their traits (3-5)
- How does the story reveal their traits?
- Copy your favorite sentence. Describe why.
- Copy the most important sentence. Describe why.
- List 3-5 motifs
- What is this story about literally? figuratively? thematically?
5. Your responses to Haruki Murakami’s story “The Mirror”
- How does the narrator face his fears?
- How do you face your fears?
- What were you afraid of when you began high school?
- As you look at yourself, your life, at the end of high school, what scares you about yourself?
6. Your responses to Sandra Cisneros’ essay “Straw Into Gold”
7. Closing comments to this class and your portfolio. I’d love to hear any suggestions, but please be constructive and helpful.
8. Oh, and of course a link to your final project!
As usual, your responses should thoroughly explore these questions, should include specific anecdotes to illustrate your ideas, and should privilege the specific and concrete over the general and abstract. Include a photo in your post.